We have a ‘Kickstart’ vacancy for an IT Facilitator Assistant at Sunnyside. If you are 16 to age 25, then ask to be referred to us by your work coach at the Job Centre.
National minimum wage, 25 hours per week, typical hours 10am–3pm Monday to Friday. Hours can be flexible. This role will not involve home working.
Sunnyside Rural Trust has recently been successful in its application for applying for devices for People with Learning Disabilities, from the Good Things Foundation. This means we are able to give each of our service users a tablet that will belong to them. We support over 140 service users within our service. The aim of this project is to use digital inclusion to alleviate the disproportionate negative impact of Covid-19, on People with Learning Disabilities.
We are looking for an enthusiastic individual to join the team and support our delivery, distribution and training of these devices to ensure our service users are able to access and use these devices effectively. The ideal candidate will be responsible for ensuring each service user under the Sunnyside Rural Trust Service receives a tablet, is set up on the tablet and is given adequate support to use the tablet in a safe, useful and meaningful way.
We will be providing on the job training and access to online training provision. Duties include:
- Ensuring the service users are able to use the devices safely, regarding internet safety as well as using search engines, websites, apps, online support groups ie via zoom, social media and so on.
- The candidate will create easy read guides to use the tablets, which is in an accessible format for people with a variety of different disabilities and communication methods. These guides will be installed onto the devices.
- The candidate will have excellent IT skills and be proficient with Microsoft applications – Word, Excel, Powerpoint and Outlook (email).
- The candidate will be able to set up, use and understand spreadsheets and record data accurately.
- The candidate will ensure the organisations Data protection (GDPR) policies and procedures are understood and met. The candidate will deal with all information in line with the organisation’s policy and procedures regarding confidentiality.
- The candidate may have some experience with vulnerable adults, particularly people with Learning Disabilities.
- The candidate will need to have excellent people skills, be patient, organised and a clear communicator.
- The candidate will receive excellent support and training in areas required, as well as regular supervision. They will be able to develop their skills within a supportive innovative environment, and if the project is successful, this could lead to future projects within the organisation. These could include being involved in other aspects of the organisations IT development as well as training the staff team in IT skills.
- Positive communication skills, both verbally and written
- Enthusiastic, positive and patient
- Good computer skills – Microsoft Excel and Word
- Experience with working with adults with Learning Disabilities
- Confident and polite telephone manner
- Accurate with a keen sense of deadline awareness
- Willingness to develop skills and knowledge
- To be flexible, working as part of a team or independently
- Interact positively and courteously with other members of staff and management
- Ability to be resourceful and proactive
- GCSE grade C and above in Maths and English.
MAIN PURPOSE OF THE JOB:
We are looking for an enthusiastic individual to join our horticultural team taking a hands-on part in the work of the team, in particular assisting on external grounds maintenance projects in our wider host communities served by the 3 Sunnyside sites.
Training through work experience and one to one tutoring will be a key part of the job, so that the worker on completion of the programme will have a basic understanding and skills set of garden, grounds, countryside and woodland maintenance, plant propagation and production, use of hand and motorised horticultural tools and equipment.
Download the job description Sunnyside Horticultural contracts assistant KICKSTART
To apply you must quote the KICKSTART job placement scheme to your local job centre. The job centre will then inform us that you are interested and you can apply by downloading this application form.
As a busy charity with ambition to grow, we do from time to time have new roles or vacancies to fill. Please keep an eye on our website if you are interested in working for us. We are always on the lookout for talented, enthusiastic individuals who have a passion for people, environmental care and working with the community.
We hold the Gold Standard in Investors In People. Only 5% of companies our size achieve this and it is wonderful recognition for the strong leadership, systems and teams we have built over many years.
“Laughter, banter, friendship, acceptance, empathy, understanding and humour. A splendid cocktail of plants and people mixed with a huge sense of enjoyment. These are the memories I take from Sunnyside.”
A few words on the job role of Project Worker from Jack at Sunnyside Northchurch